29 April, 2010

Eat: Vacation Edition



I just returned from Cabo San Lucas a couple of days ago. It was a week filled with delicious food and lots of sun bathing. Whenever I go on vacations I always look for the little hidden gems and either the locals of my fellow foodie friends lead me there. I was lucky enough to find 2 blog worthy restaurants on this trip. The first was what a local man called "the best breakfast in Cabo." My friend suggested Mama Royale's to me and I am so glad he did. Mama Royale's food was so full of flavor and was well worth the walk from the resort. The restaurant itself was cozy and full of colorful tablecloths and walls. There was a saxist outside playing music while we dined. The waiters were great and very attentive. My boyfriend, our friends and I were starving after our long walk and so we quickly ordered. I ordered a fresh coconut and orange juice mix. For those of you who remember Orange Julius, it resembled there's. I also ordered french toast stuffed with cream cheese and topped with fresh mixed berry compote for the table.

Heather and Chris, both who consider themselves "non-sweet tooth people" loved the french toast too and had more than one bite. For my meal I ordered an eggs benedict that had green onions added to it. The green onions were a tasty addition.

The eggs were perfectly cooked and the potatoes full of flavorful spices. I added some of their house salsa which just enhanced the character.

The others loved their food as well and we all left with a smile on our face, stuffed bellies and a slower walking pace. If ever you venture to Cabo, this little gem is a must.

1 comment: